Choosing your jewelry is no different than choosing your wardrobe. Most important is to stick within your comfort zone and your personal fashion style. That said, it never hurts to step out of the box once in awhile.
What's most important is that your jewelry matches up with your outfit. Your jewelry is the finishing touch on your total look. Make your fashion statement count!
- Determine what you want your jewelry to do. Do you want it front and center stage? Do you want it to compliment? Do you want it subtle?
- Make certain your jewelry is appropriate for the occasion or event you'll be wearing it to. A sexy over sized choker might be perfect for a night on the town but may not be fitting for the boardroom.
- Determine how long you want it to last and how often you plan to wear it.
- Know how much money you want to spend.
- If you can, try on the jewelry or hold it up next to you to determine whether it suits you.